Documentary projects that are about Chinese cultures and societies
Topic/subject relating to Chinese cultures or societies; has strong international appeal
- PRODUCTION STAGE
Project can be in development, production or post-production stage. Projects that have screened publicly may not enter.
- AGE & NATIONALITY
Applicant must be at least 18 years old; preference given to documentary filmmakers of Chinese descent
Applicant must be in key creative role, i.e. producer or director; if selected applicants are required to attend the entire CNEX Chinese Doc Forum in Taipei City, including Training Workshop and Pitching Forum, from September 21 to 25 (Wednesday to Sunday). If unable to attend, project will be disqualified.
- English is the main language used at the Forum. Chinese-English simultaneous translation will be provided during all pitching sessions; strong command of English is preferred.
- Either director and/or producer can represent the project at the Forum（maximum 2 reps）Each project will have 15 minutes to pitch, including 7 min for introducing, and 8 min for Q&A.
- All CCDF selected films are required to include CCDF logo in end credits.
Submit completed online entry form, proposal and work-in-progress on CNEX Registration website by May 15, 2016.
- Completed online entry form
- Upload a 3-5 minute trailer or work-in-progress. Submissions without clips or unable to meet length requirement will be disqualified.
- Upload film photograph and proposal. Submissions without film photograph and proposal will be disqualified.
Proposal must include the following (maximum 4500 words in English) :
- Target audience
- Logline (150 words limited )
- Synopsis ( 450 words limited )
- Treatment ( 1500 words limited )
- Production schedule
- Crew or key production roles (400 words limited per role)
- Additional materials, ex. research report, archive, etc.
- Call for Entries: Open until May 15, 2016
- Finalist Announcement: June 13, 2016
- Pre-training Workshop: mid-July, 2016
- Training Workshop: September 21 to 23, 2016 (Wednesday-Friday)
- Pitching Forum: September 24 to 25, 2016 (Saturday-Sunday)
SELECTION AND AWARDS
- 20 Finalists（up to）: Participants will attend the Training Workshop and Pitching Forum and receive valuable feedback and have the opportunity to work with international producers. Organizer may subsidize participants’ travel and accommodations expenses, as well as assist in obtaining visas. Details of subsidies will be discussed separately with participants at later date.
- Pre-training Workshop: Selected project can be automatically entered to participate in CCDF pre-training workshop which will take place in mid August in Beijing and Taipei. In the pre-training workshop, participants can have face-to-face meetings with professional lecturers to enhance pitching and storytelling skills.
- Awards: The awards with cash prize include “Best Presented Pitch＂,”Project with Most International Potential”. In addition, we have “ASD Award” , “Tokyo Docs Award”, “Sheffield Film Festival Award”, “IDFA Award”, “ which may recommend projects directly into international documentary markets, or CNEX may executively produce projects in order to receive international funding or distribution.
Tel: +886-2-27965820- / Fax: +886-2-2796-5967
Add: 6F., No. 223, Sec. 1, Tiding Blvd, Neihu Dist, Taipei City 11494, Taiwan
CCDF website: ccdf.cnex.org.tw
(For entry details and FAQ, please visit website)
- We reserve the right to change entry rules and regulations
Please send the form along with required materials to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org