- AIM: Documentary projects that are about Chinese cultures and societies
- THEME: Topic/subject relating to Chinese cultures or societies; has strong international appeal
- PRODUCTION STAGE: Project can be in development, production or post-production stage. Projects that have screened publicly may not enter.
- AGE & NATIONALITY: Applicant must be at least 18 years old; preference given to documentary filmmakers of Chinese descent
- ATTENDANCE: Applicant must be in key creative role, i.e. producer or director; if selected applicants are required to attend the entire CNEX Chinese Doc Forum in Taipei City, including Training Workshop and Pitching Forum, from September 26 to 30 (Wednesday to Sunday). If unable to attend, project will be disqualified.
- English is the main language used at the Forum. Chinese-English simultaneous translation will be provided during all pitching sessions; strong command of English is preferred.
- Either director and/or producer can represent the project at the Forum (maximum 2 reps). Each project will have 15 minutes to pitch.
Submit completed online entry form, proposal and work-in-progress by July 6, 2012.
- Completed online entry form
- Upload proposal. Proposal must include the following (maximum 5000 Chinese characters or 2500 English words)a. Motivation and mission
b. Synopsis and treatment
• Character, scene, event description
• Filming style and aestheticsc
c. The introduction of crew
d. Key feature of film
e. Target audience and distribution plan
f. Support materials (research, clippings, photos, etc)
- Upload a 3-10 minute trailer or work-in-progress. Submissions without clips or unable to meet length requirement will immediately be disqualified.
- Call for Entries
Open until July 6, 2012
- Finalist Announcement
July 30, 2012
- Training Workshop + Pitching Form
Training Workshop: September 26 to 28, 2012 (Wednesday-Friday)
Pitching Forum: September 29and 30, 2012 (Saturday-Sunday)
SELECTION AND AWARDS
- 20 Finalists (up to): Participants will attend the Training Workshop and Pitching Forum and receive valuable feedback and have the opportunity to work with international producers. Organizer may subsidize participants’ travel and accommodations expenses, as well as assist in obtaining visas. Details of subsidies will be discussed separately with participants at later date.
- Best 3 Pitches: Best 3 Pitches/Projects will be voted at the end of the Forum and will be awarded with cash prizes (specific amounts to be announced). In addition, CNEX may represent projects at international documentary markets, or CNEX may executive produce projects in order to receive international funding or distribution.
- For Taiwanese Applicants: Certain number of applicants may be automatically entered to participate in Taiwan Original Filmmakers Union’s [DOC DOC Documentary Workshop] which will take place from August 29 to September 1. CNEX will announce the chosen projects at a later date.
Organizers: CNEX Foundation Limited, Professor Jean May Tsiang Foundation, and Chinese Image Visual Industry and Creation Society
Joint Organizers: Taipei City Dept. of Cultural Affairs, Taipei Culture Foundation
Co-organizer: Taiwan Original Filmmakers Union
Tel: +886-2-2322-2928 / Fax: +886-2-2392-1835
Add: 11F., No. 63, Sec. 1, Hangzhou S. Road, Taipei City 10054, Taiwan
CCDF website: http://ccdf.cnex.org.tw
(For entry details and FAQ, please visit website)
* We reserve the right to change entry rules and regulations