Documentary projects that tackle Chinese culture and society
Topic/subject pertaining to Chinese culture or society with strong international appeal
- PRODUCTION STAGE
Project can be in development, production or post-production. Projects that have been screened publicly will not be accepted.
- AGE & NATIONALITY
Applicant must be at least 18 years old; preference given to documentary filmmakers of Chinese descent
Applicant must be in key creative role, i.e. producer or director; if selected applicants are required to attend the entire CNEX Chinese Doc Forum in Taipei City, including Training Workshop and Pitching Forum, from September 21 to 25 (Wednesday to Sunday). If unable to attend, project will be disqualified.
- English is the main language used at the Forum. Chinese-English simultaneous translation will be provided during all pitching sessions; strong command of English is preferred.
- Either director and/or producer can represent the project at the Forum（maximum 2 reps）Each project will have 15 minutes to pitch, including 7 min for introducing, and 8 min for Q&A.
- All CCDF selected films are required to include CCDF logo in end credits.
- Register at url
- Required materials:
Please see entry no.4 for format and submission details
1) CCDF8 entry form (see below for download url)
3) Film still (min. 1 max.3)
4) Trailer (3 – 5 min)
5) Other materials (optional)
- Deadline: May 15th 2017 24:00 Taipei Time
- Format and submission details:
1) CCDF8 entry form
Google Drive dowanload
Baidu Cloud download
Please note that the word limit is the same as the actual CCDF8 pitching forum and that the panel will rely largely on this document in making evaluation.
Please feel free to include any information that you deem important for your project. Below is the suggested outline:- Motivation
– Target audience
– Logline (150 words limited )
– Synopsis ( 450 words limited )
– Treatment ( 1500 words limited )
– Production schedule
– Crew or key production roles (400 words limited per role)
– Additional materials, ex. research report, archive, etc.
3) The trailer should be 3 – 5 minute long. Please upload the footage to Youtube, Vimeo, Baidu or any other online space available to you.
*Please set the footage as downloadable and provide download password upon registration.
*Trailers are just for evaluation purpose, they will not be accessible to the general public.
- Call for Entries: Open until May 15, 2017
- Finalist Announcement: June 13, 2017
- Pre-training Workshop: 8thJuly(Taipei) 15th July(Beijing), 2017
- Training Workshop: September 21 to 23, 2017(Wednesday-Friday)
- Pitching Forum: September 24 to 25, 2017(Saturday-Sunday)
SELECTION AND AWARDS
- 20 Finalists（up to）: Participants will attend the Training Workshop and Pitching Forum and receive valuable feedback and the opportunity to work with international producers. Organizer may subsidize participants’ travel and accommodations expenses, as well as assist in obtaining visas. Details of subsidies will be discussed separately with participants at later date.
- Pre-training Workshop: Selected project can be automatically entered to participate in CCDF pre-training workshop which will take place in mid August in Beijing and Taipei. In the pre-training workshop, participants can have face-to-face meetings with professional lecturers to enhance pitching and storytelling skills.
- Awards: The awards with cash prize include “Best Presented Pitch＂,”Project with Most International Potential Special Fund”. In addition, prizes provide by other international pitching forum include “ASD Award” , “Tokyo Docs Award”, “Sheffield Film Festival Award,” “IDFA Award,” “Docs Port Incheon Award"…etc “ which may recommend projects directly into international documentary markets, or CNEX may executively produce projects in order to receive international funding or distribution.
Tel: +886-2-27965820 ext.247 / Fax: +886-2-2796-5967
Add: 6F., No. 223, Sec. 1, Tiding Blvd, NeihuDist, Taipei City 11494, Taiwan
CCDF website: ccdf.cnex.org.tw
(For entry details and FAQ, please visit website)
- We reserve the right to change entry rules and regulations
Please send the film specs along with required materials(stills and proposal) to the following address: email@example.com