- AIM: Documentary projects that are about Chinese cultures and societies
- THEME: Topic/subject relating to Chinese cultures or societies; has strong international appeal
- PRODUCTION STAGE: Project can be in development, production or post-production stage. Projects that have screened publicly may not enter.
- AGE & NATIONALITY: Applicant must be at least 18 years old; preference given to documentary filmmakers of Chinese descent
- ATTENDANCE: Applicant must be in key creative role, i.e. producer or director; if selected applicants are required to attend the entire CNEX Chinese Doc Forum in Taipei City, including Training Workshop and Pitching Forum, from September 16 to 20, 2015 (Wednesday to Sunday). If unable to attend, project will be disqualified.
- English is the main language used at the Forum. Chinese-English simultaneous translation will be provided during all pitching sessions; strong command of English is preferred.
7. Either director and/or producer can represent the project at the Forum(maximum 2 reps). Each project will have 15 minutes to pitch, including 7 mins pitch, and 8 mins Q&A.
Submit completed online entry form, proposal and work-in-progress on CNEX Registration website by May 15, 2015.
- Completed online entry form
- Upload a 3-5 minute trailer or work-in-progress. Submissions without clips or unable to meet length requirement will be disqualified.
- Upload film photograph and proposal. Submissions without film photograph and proposal will be disqualified.
Proposal must include the following (maximum 4500 words in English) :
b. Target audience
c. Logline (150 words limited )
d. Synopsis ( 450 words limited )
e. Treatment ( 1500 words limited )
f. Production schedule
h. Crew or key production roles (400 words limited per role)
i. Additional materials, ex. research report, archive, etc.
A. Call for Entries
Apr.1st until May 15, 2015
B. Finalist Announcement
June 10, 2015
C. Pre-training Workshop
July 11 @ Taipei & July 18 @ Beijing, 2015
D. Training Workshop
September 16 to 18, 2015 (Wednesday-Friday)
E. Pitching Forum
September 19 and 20, 2015 (Saturday-Sunday)
SELECTION AND AWARDS
- 20 Finalists (up to): Participants will attend the Training Workshop and Pitching Forum and receive valuable feedback and have the opportunity to work with international producers. The organizer may subsidize part of one participant’s travel ticket, and 5 nights accommodations.
- Pre-training Workshop: Selected projects can be automatically entered to participate in CCDF pre-training workshop which will take place in July 11 in Taipei and July 18 in Beijing. In the pre-training workshop, participants can have face-to-face meetings with professional lecturers to enhance pitching and storytelling skills.
- Awards: The awards with cash prize include “Best Presented Pitch", “Project with Most International Potential". The total prize is NT$300,000, with the deduction for tax according to Taiwan’s law. In addition, we have “ASD Award", “Tokyo Docs Award", “Doc Port Incheon", and"Hot Docs", which may recommend projects directly into international documentary markets, or CNEX may executive produce projects in order to receive international funding or distribution. * We reserve the right to change entry rules and regulations.