1. AIM: Documentary projects that are about Chinese cultures and societies
2. THEME: Topic/subject relating to Chinese cultures or societies; has strong international appeal
3. PRODUCTION STAGE: Project can be in development, production or post-production stage. Projects that have screened publicly may not enter.
4. AGE & NATIONALITY: Applicant must be at least 18 years old; preference given to documentary filmmakers of Chinese descent
5. ATTENDANCE: Applicant must be in key creative role, i.e. producer or director; if selected applicants are required to attend the entire CNEX Chinese Doc Forum in Taipei City, including Training Workshop and Pitching Forum, from September 25 to 29 (Wednesday to Sunday). If unable to attend, project will be disqualified.
6. English is the main language used at the Forum. Chinese-English simultaneous translation will be provided during all pitching sessions; strong command of English is preferred.
7. Either director and/or producer can represent the project at the Forum (maximum 2 reps). Each project will have 15 minutes to pitch, including 7 min pitch, and 8 min Q&A.
Submit completed online entry form, proposal and work-in-progress on CNEX Registration website by June 30, 2013.
1. Completed online entry form
2. Upload a 3-10 minute trailer or work-in-progress. Submissions without clips or unable to meet length requirement will be disqualified.
3. Upload film photograph and proposal. Submissions without film photograph and proposal will be disqualified.
Proposal must include the following (maximum 2500 words in English) :
b. Unique feature
c. Target audience
d. Synopsis, including character and event description
f. Production schedule
h. Crew or key production roles
i. Additional materials, ex. research report, archive, etc.
1. Call for Entries
Open until June 30, 2013
2. Finalist Announcement
July 30, 2013
3. Training Workshop + Pitching Form
Training Workshop: September 25 to 27,2013 (Wednesday-Friday)
4. Pitching Forum
September 28 and 29,2013 (Saturday-Sunday)
SELECTION AND AWARDS
1. 20 Finalists (up to): Participants will attend the Training Workshop and Pitching Forum and receive valuable feedback and have the opportunity to work with international producers. Organizer may subsidize participants’ travel and accommodations expenses, as well as assist in obtaining visas. Details of subsidies will be discussed separately with participants at later date.
2. Best 3 Pitches: Best 3 Pitches/Projects will be voted at the end of the Forum.The awards include “Best Presented Pitch", “Project with Most International Potential", and “ASD Award". (The specific amount of cash prize awarded for 3 projects are to be announced.) In addition, CNEX may represent projects at international documentary markets, or CNEX may executive produce projects in order to receive international funding or distribution.
3. For Taiwanese Applicants: Certain number of applicants may be automatically entered to participate in Taiwan Original Filmmakers Union’s [DOC DOC Documentary Workshop] which will take place from August 15 to August 18 for free. CNEX will announce the chosen projects at a later date.
Tel: +886-2-2322-2928 / Fax: +886-2-2392-1835
Add: 11F., No. 63, Sec. 1, Hangzhou S. Road, Taipei City 10054, Taiwan
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org CCDF website: http://ccdf.cnex.org.tw
(For entry details and FAQ, please visit website)
* We reserve the right to change entry rules and regulations.